THE MOON PALACE PRESENTS:
An Evening of Experimental Solo Musicians
My Empty Phantom (Austin, Texas)
Wednesday July 10th
@ The Moon Palace
Doors 9pm 21+
Music 9:30pm - 12:30am
THE MOON PALACE PRESENTS:
Musical listening salon at historic House By The Witches Tower.
Donations accepted, nobody will be turned away for lack of funds.
PM for address.
Music at 8:00.
- All money raised (minus $25 to the person doing sound) will be donated to the WALK-IN COUNSELING CENTER.
- WICC is located in an old house at 2421 Chicago Ave.
- WICC is a donation-funded nonprofit organization offering FREE and ANONYMOUS PSYCHOTHERAPY to the general public.
- If you walk into WICC at 1pm on Mon/Wed/Fri or at 6:30pm on Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs, you WILL be seen by a therapist.
- Free and anonymous = good, and REALLY good if you are experiencing barriers to receiving treatment ($$$, loss of insurance, shitty insurance, fleeing abuse, immigration stressors, excessive wait times, homelessness, stigmatization, and on and on).
- We aim to raise funds for WICC, promote their services and their role in helping MPLS meet it's mental health needs for the past 50 years, and to promote the power of talk therapy for anyone, no matter what you're dealing with!
- More info here: https://walkin.org/
The Raygun (plus Feng) will be performing Benjamin Hinz’s “Deep” to celebrate its release on Philip K Discs from Nashville. Deep is a trance inducing psychedelic guitar epic. A small number of cassettes (with download codes) will be available at the show!
DRONE NOT DRONES: The 6th Annual 28-hour Drone
A benefit for Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
January 25th at 7pm until January 26th at 11:00pm
$20 Advance, $30 Day of Show
"An all-ages, 28-hour concert that celebrates the expansive world of drone music while raising funds for Doctors Without Borders." — Resident Advisor
For the sixth year in a row musicians from across the musical spectrum unite to create a continuous, uninterrupted, 28-hour drone of unified sound to raise money for Doctors Without Borders.
The experts at Wikipedia say "Drone music is a minimalist musical style that emphasizes the use of sustained or repeated sounds... It is typically characterized by lengthy audio programs with relatively slight harmonic variations throughout each piece compared to other musics."
Be part of a unique experience while supporting a just cause. Come by before work, after work, or both. Bring a pillow/blanket to make yourself comfortable. Spend the night with us.
We will be airing the entire performance on KFAI - 90.3 FM Minneapolis - 106.7 FM St. Paul and streaming online so you can enjoy it even if you can't be with us here in Minneapolis. Direct your browsers to dronenotdrones.com to watch the webstream, get an up to the minute schedule, listen to recordings of our previous drones, and donate directly to Doctors Without Borders.
We may feel powerless to stop the military industrial complex from spreading war. But we can spread peace if we drone on and on about it...
Something a little different and over the top from your friends at Roar of the Underground, Ghost Trees and KFAI. Three full rooms of dark, heavy, experimental, light, airy, thoughtful and completely made up music happening all at once.
The Blight: https://blastmeditation.bandcamp.com/album/the-blight
mount curve: https://mountcurve.bandcamp.com/
Øasis (UK) [privatepole.com]
Shadow on Glass: https://housepig.bandcamp.com/album/no-ritual
American Cream: https://realamericancream.bandcamp.com/
La Curandera & The Ritual: https://lacuranderandtheritual.bandcamp.com/
John Saint Pelvyn: https://johnsaintpelvyn.bandcamp.com/
watershed group: https://watershedgroup.bandcamp.com/
Jan 12, 8pm. $15 for all three stages
Dom & Papa Chizzy present:
Stand-Up by Brandon Dvorak
Super America Quartet
The Drug Budget
Cold Cut Combo
CHUB EP Release
10/31/18 - Halloween
Porkesota (a Primus Tribute)
DJ John the Fisherman
Comets Ov Cupid will be spacing out Grumpy's this June. Each Saturday June 2-23. Comets will share the bill with a different music group or project each night. This is music for the coming Aeon Ov Change! Sounds and lights to realign your mind.
June 2 10:30 Thunderbolt Pagoda / 11:30 Comets Ov Cupid
June 9 10:30 Beach Mountain / 11:30 Comets Ov Cupid
June 16 10:30 IOSIS / 11:30 Comets Ov Cupid
June 23 10:30 Michael Betz / 11:30 Comets Ov Cupid
Thunderbolt Pagoda https://www.facebook.com/ThunderboltPagoda/